by: Wendy Ambrefe
Come sit in the shade of an awning - and worship the Lord who loves you! (In the case of inclement weather, worship will be held on FaceBook Live.)
You are encouraged to bring your own lawn chairs to make set-up and disinfecting easier on our team. If you don't have a lawn chair -- no worries, we will have metal folding chairs available. In addition to this new outdoor format, other steps for overall health and safety have been decided upon as follows:
- Masks are mandatory throughout your time on the grounds -- if you don't have one, we will provide one. If you are opposed to wearing a mask, you are encouraged to continue to worship via FaceBook Live.
- Social Distancing is a must. Children must stay with their parents at all times. Observing 6' distancing is mandatory, except between those living under the same roof. No hugs. No handshakes.
- Follow capacity guidelines for each awning.
- Offerings will be received via "dropbox"
- Bulletins/song sheets will be placed in receptacle for self-serve.
- Volunteers for cleaning/disinfecting chairs and bringing them inside after the service are needed.
- The building will be closed to public use, with the exception of restrooms.
- Hand-sanitizing stations will be located throughout the worship area.
- Bring your own Bibles. Guidelines require no sharing of "common materials" such as Bibles, Hymnals, etc.
I know this seems like a lot of precaution, but -- the task force would rather err on the side of caution, keeping everyone safe and "at ease" when they come to worship. Remember, some of these guidelines are not just about us personally -- they are also about showing love for those who are vulnerable, nervous, not sure about being in a public gathering, or health-compromised. Let's love well as we gather again for worship!